Friday, June 19, 2009

Feature list of information management tool

Few days back, our technology excellence group gave me a Cognos 8 features list to review.
I had to review the features supported by cognos 8 .
After reviewing it I got to know some new features of Cognos 8.

I also came across some features that were not directly supported by Cognos 8 but could be implemented indirectly.
There were certain features which we never knew existed in Cognos because I did not get a chance to implement those in the Project that I am working.
Having a knowledge of these features certainly helped me understand the tool better.
I can now use this feature list to compare Cognos 8 with various information management tools in the market so as to give informed consultancy to my clients.

Below is the link to Cognos 8 feature list

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rCcMS5fI3RE-z560jsqEo7A&output=html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Compression on HDFS

Copy and uncompress file to HDFS without unziping the file on local filesystem If your file is in GB's then this command would cer...